Feb 18, 2011

p1

So today my posts might come in bits and pieces- I'm at school and its gonna be an on-off day in my brain.  I'm studying to become a paralegal, something I honestly never thought I'd be. I always planned on being something AMAZING!

When I was younger I wanted to be a doctor- that got shut down cuz I cannot stand the site of 'living' blood. Then I wanted to be an Archaeologist- that got shut down cuz I'd need a Doctrite degree. Then it was Egyptologist- that got shut down for the same reason. Then I wanted to be a CSI forensic person- I could still persue that cuz I have my Associates Degree in CJ already. Within that time it shifted to becoming a cop- which I could do. Then i joined the military and love it, I was in for a very short time and got medically discharged, during the time I was in I injured my shoulder, so I sorta ruled out being a cop for myself. So I turned to the one thing I remember loving studying in CJ- law. I took three law classes during that degree- Criminal Law, Law of Evidence, and Juvenile Law.  I honestly wouldn't have thought of going into law if my friend Merle hadn't brought it up.

We had gone to the mall during her Christmas break (she joined the military roughly around the time I did and had been gone to basic), we were eating food from HotDog on a Stick and I was telling her that I had no idea what I should study when I go back to college. She just looked at me and said "why not law? I remember you loving those classes". I just sat there dumbfounded- why hadn't I already thought of this? So I went home that day and enrolled in the Paralegal program at my local community college. I decided it'd be better for me to go that route rather than actually becoming a lawyer- for many many reasons.

So here I am, going through those classes (this is my first semester in the program so I'm still pretty new). But I'm really enjoying myself, regardless of being lost sometimes- and how crazy some of the homework is.

No comments:

Post a Comment