Feb 20, 2011

to look past my own life

I have been trying to do better in my world. Trying to look past my own issues and help others. So recently I decided that I'd help others by joining a "support for adopted people, people who have adopted, and mothers who have put their children up for adoption" site. It has honestly been one of the best things I have ever done. Though I will also admit that it has been one of the hardest things I've ever done.

I have had other children who were adopted yell at me- telling me that I don't understand. I've had biomoms come to me for comfort- so that they might know what their children whom they gave up might feel. I've had people who have nothing to really do with adoption yell at me and tell me that its the worse thing that someone could do for children. Because of such things I have been on numerous emotional highs and lows over the past few weeks.

I know its the right thing to do. I have also thought this- but when I have people yelling at me and calling me very rude things, I feel like giving up. I have so much stress in my life already- why should I keep going? Well I can answer my own question: Because when I was younger I wish I had had someone to talk about these things with.

No comments:

Post a Comment